As part of the Diocese of La Crosse Safe Environment Program teachers, staff, and parent volunteers are required to participate in safe environment training. Additionally, the diocese requires that a variety of safe environment forms be completed as part of this program.
All parents who volunteer in any capacity that involves working with students, e.g. chaperones, coaches, tutors, classroom volunteers, etc., must complete the following steps:
- Fill out the Confidential Questionnaire and a Background Check form
- Read the “Red Book” – On Sexual Misconduct for the Diocese of La Cross (see below)
- Read the “Green Book” – Child Sexual Abuse Policy and Procedures of the Diocese of La Crosse (see below)
- Watch the Safe Environment Video found on the diocesan website
- Complete the Receipt, Acknowledgment, and Agreement Form the first time you volunteer. This form is available in the school offices.
We are required to view the safe environment video and read the red and green books every year. Criminal background checks are required every three years. If you are due for a new basic criminal background check, that form will be provided.
If you have questions about the forms please contact Roberta Jevaltas at the Columbus Catholic Schools office at 387-1177.
David J. Eaton
Columbus Catholic Schools