Columbus Catholic Schools are dedicated to excellence in Catholic education, founded in the love of Jesus Christ, and designed to instill in our students faith, knowledge, and a desire to serve others.
The Columbus Catholic Schools are committed to the education, development, and spiritual formation of our students. Within the context of the Gospels and the teachings of the Catholic Church, we believe we are called to:
- Faithfully teach Catholic doctrine and nurture in our students an abiding love of the Catholic faith through participation in religious instruction, prayer, devotions, and the Sacraments, particularly the celebration of the Liturgy, preparing each to take their place as the Church leaders of tomorrow.
- Carry out the educational ministry of the Catholic Church by providing a quality, affordable, Catholic education to all those children entrusted to our care, regardless of their race, creed, or socio-economic status.
- Fulfill the academic needs of each individual student through a curriculum, and through teaching methods, that encourage and enable each student to reach his or her maximum potential in all areas, placing an emphasis on nurturing a sense of responsibility to develop God-given gifts to their fullest.
- Prepare our students to meet the academic, spiritual, and moral challenges of the future by providing opportunities to develop Christian values and the skills of critical thinking that will be a basis for future decision-making, growth, and development.
- Provide an atmosphere of love and compassion for each individual student, offering them a sense of belonging and respect in order to foster their growth as caring, responsible, and confident Christians inspired to loving service of God and neighbor.
- Help each student learn to appreciate and respect the rights and differences of others so that at school, at home, and in the community, they might act as true Christians who nobly grace our society with peace.
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment with clear expectations for behavior and decorum, based on a Christian model of peace and respect, and compassionate to the developmental, social, and emotional needs of each student.
- Provide a variety of opportunities in athletics and other extra-curricular and co-curricular activities in order to allow our students to explore diverse areas of personal interest and fulfillment.