FROM OUR FEBRUARY 2022 CHARTED COURSE ISSUE
CLASS OF 1961
On October 2, 2021 the CHS Class of 1961 held its reunion at Hotel Marshfield! (Photo by Paul Tishim Photographic Artist.)
CLASS OF 1981
On October 15-16, 2021 the CHS Class of 1981 had its 40th Class Reunion at Seehafer Farms, Rose Bowl Lanes and the Eagles Club.
CLASS OF 2003
Erin Hanlin ‘03 and her spouse David Mercer recently had their first child, Euan Richard Mercer. Erin also recently started a new job as an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham NC.
CLASS OF 2017
Kendra Baierl ‘17 helped to lead her UW-Eau Claire Volleyball team to win the NCAA Division III
Women’s Volleyball National Championship in St. Louis last November.
CLASS OF 2021
In January 2021 Ashley Herman ‘21 was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma during her senior year. Last year her design for the Green Bay Packers “My Cause, My Cleats” program was selected by Aaron Jones! On December 12, 2021 Jones wore the cleats she designed during the Sunday night game with the Chicago Bears, with Ashley and her family cheering in the stands! Visit our website to read more about “My Cause, My Cleats,” watch videos by Northwestern Mutual Foundation, and read a thank you message from Ashley. Pictured here is Ashley with her mom Rebecca, who is a fourth-grade teacher for Our Lady of Peace Intermediate School. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
ALUMNI IN MEMORIAM
- Joan Mary (Schuh ‘52) Randall, October 13, 2021, Sheboygan, WI
- Sarah A. (Wilcott ‘54) Biechler, October 12, 2021, Surprise, AZ
- Darlene Y. (Ledger ‘54) Pipkorn, November 20, 2021, Colby, WI
- Gerald “Jerry” E. Eckhart ‘57, February 1, 2021, Sussex, WI
- Richard J. “Dick” Thomer ‘59, January 1, 2022, Marshfield, WI
- Suzanne Marie (Graff ‘60) Burt, December 12, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Beverly Rose (Werner ‘60) Stimac, Dec. 25, 2021, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Sandra A. Eckes ‘61, November 5, 2021, Stratford, WI
- Vivian Shirley Feenstra ‘63, August 19, 2021, Hastings, MI
- James R. Weister ‘63, November 7, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Kenneth J. Folz ‘65, November 1, 2021, Rozellville, WI
- Dr. Irvin A. Drach II ‘66, December 15, 2021, Loyal, WI
- Barbara Ann (Schultz ’68) Kane, September 22, 2021, Tucson, AZ
- Lawrence “Butch” Werner ‘68, October 21, 2021, Fitchburg, WI
- Mary Ann (Buchanan ’69) Fischer, November 13, 2021, Arpin, WI
- Mary M. (McHugh ’73) Neff, October 24, 2021, Lake Mills, WI
- Mike G. LeGrand ‘75, December 4, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Patricia A. (Rebone ’79) Pokallus, December 22, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Kathleen Marie (Stone ’10) Sullivan, November 30, 2021, Marshfield, WI
FROM OUR NOVEMBER 2021 CHARTED COURSE ISSUE
CLASS OF 1956
On September 23, 2021 the Class of 1956 celebrated its 65th Class Reunion at Wildwood Park with 19 classmates attending (out of 56 living members). They even had classmates travel from as far as the Twin Cities and Arizona to participate!
CLASS OF 1970
On September 11, 2021 the Class of 1970 gathered at the Marshfield American Legion to celebrate 50 years! There was also a golf outing; and at dinner there were approximately 80 people in attendance (including partners).
CLASS OF 2001
On July 17, 2021 the Class of 2001 held its 20th Class Reunion at Wildwood Park. They are planning a 25 year reunion for the summer of 2026!
CLASS OF 2011
On May 13, 2021, Christopher Lamermayer graduated from the Air Force’s Non-Commissioned Officer Academy and was awarded Distinguished Graduate. He is stationed at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam Hawaii, and lives in Honolulu with his wife Tsugumi.
CLASS OF 2014 - KNOECK / BAIERL WEDDING
On April 24, 2021, Megan Knoeck and Alex Baierl, both from the Class of 2014, tied the knot... and the wedding was like a “Dons Reunion!” Pictured here are alumni spanning from 2014 back to the 1950’s. The couple now resides in Chippewa Falls, WI. Congratulations!
ALUMNI IN MEMORIAM
- James Hederer ‘53, May 23, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Patricia (Maurer ‘53) Quelle, June 1, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Ronald T. Wampler ‘53, July 27, 2021, Eau Claire, WI
- Ronald J. Weinfurtner ‘53, July 6, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Thora J. (Schlagenhaft ‘54) Loescher, August 9, 2021, Pewaukee, WI
- Joanne R. (Gowey ‘56) Desotelle, June 19, 2021, Altoona, WI
- William F. Zygarlicke ‘57, July 3, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Jerome “Jerry” W. Maurer ‘58, July 16, 2021, Oshkosh, WI
- Sharon A. (Blaisdell ‘59) Morrill, September 23, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Barbara A. (Eckes ‘62) Scheibe, July 14, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Michael A. Theurer ‘65, September 1, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Jacqueline E. (Huth ‘66) Bushman, September 6, 2021, Marshfield, WI
- Kenneth Cyril Scheuer ‘68, July 26, 2021, Harlingen, TX
- MSgt (ret) Raymond G. Scheuer ‘70, July 24, 2021, San Benito, TX
- Roger Lee Von Holzen ‘71, August 9, 2021, Maryville, MO
- Joann T. (Binder ‘71) Weiler, July 29, 2021, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Jean Marie (Guden ‘78) Joseph, June 8, 2021, Greeley, CO
- Pamela S. (Haupt ‘83) Russell, August 11, 2021, Marshfield, WI
Matt Drexler ‘13 received his UW-Madison undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering in 2017; and now is a UW-Platteville graduate with a Masters of Engineering Management.
REMEMBERING JERALD E. LANG
On April 5, 2021, the Marshfield community lost one of its leaders. “Jer” was a 1960 Columbus alum and a US Army veteran. He worked at Schalow’s before starting his own business, Central Wisconsin Landscaping. He also raised guernsey heifer cattle. He was involved in the Central Wisconsin State Fair serving on the Board and Junior Board; Marshfield Youth Wrestling; 4-H; St. Vincent de Paul and Corpus Christi Church. In 2019 he received a Jefferson Award from WAOW NewsChannel 9. On April 11, during his final journey to his resting place, the procession passed through the fairgrounds by the Show Palace where community members gathered to say good bye and give him “one final show.”
CLASS OF 1952
JoAnne Nikolay (nee Beck) of Marshfield, WI passed away February 7, 2021. JoAnne was an x-ray technician at St. Joseph’s Hospital; and was later a stenographer.
CLASS OF 1953
Donna Goedel (nee Gowey) of Buffalo, MN passed away on June 8, 2020. She married her husband Wayne in 1955. She worked 20 years for the Buffalo School District’s KidKare Program.
Mark Weigel of Minnesota passed away March 9, 2021. He was a counselor at Inver Hills Community College. He was the very first employee hired by IHCC in 1970 and was instrumental in getting the college up and running.
CLASS OF 1954
Kerene Stauss (nee Kolbeck) of Marshfield passed away February 20, 2021. She was a full-time wife and mother to 3 children. She later became a home care aide.
CLASS OF 1956
Peter A. Fisher passed away November 3, 2020. Peter worked for 35 years for Delco Electronics, a Division of General Motors. His work took his family to many locations including Florida, Georgia and even Guam.
Marie A. Gerl (nee Rakovec) of Marshfield passed away February 25, 2021. She worked for Marshfield Homes; then for the Marshfield School District until her retirement in 1999.
Nancy Retterath (nee Butler) of Marshfield passed away March 24, 2021. She married her husband James in 1961 and they had four children.
CLASS OF 1957
Janice Schneider (nee Arends) passed away January 21, 2021. She worked for St. Joseph’s Hospital for over 50 years until her retirement.
CLASS OF 1958
Nancy Hotchkiss (nee Dallendorfer) of Bloomington, MN passed away January 17, 2020. She graduated from UW-Eau Claire with a BS in Elementary Education. She taught in Minneapolis.
CLASS OF 1959
Marianna Gennett (nee Kolb) of Marshfield, WI passed away February 6, 2021. Marianna started her own in-home daycare. She later worked for St. Joseph’s day care center.
CLASS OF 1965
John Joseph Baer of Louisville, Kentucky passed away May 21, 2021. John graduated from Spencerian College with a degree in Business Management. He worked in retail management for Crawford’s Dept. Store, Children’s Place and J.C. Penney’s.
CLASS OF 1966
Suzanne Carolfi (nee Boge) of Marshfield passed away April 3, 2021, after a battle with cancer. She worked as a Lab Technician at Marshfield Clinic for 50 years.
CLASS OF 1967
Robert M. Ley of Marshfield, WI passed away May 18, 2021. Robert was a two- time wrestling champion in ‘66 and ’67.
CLASS OF 1968
James L. Reigel of Marshfield, WI passed away April 28, 2021. James joined Paget Equipment Co. in 1977. In 1985 he and his brothers purchased Paget; and he and his wife Diane became sole owners in 2002. After 20 years in the Army National Guard, James retired as a Captain in 1990.
CLASS OF 1971
Jeanette Rausch of Marshfield passed away February 13, 2021. Jeanette worked for Karau’s Grocery Store and later at Billings Law Office.
CLASS OF 1972
Elaine Dix of Marshfield, WI passed away January 9, 2021. She worked at Ron’s Chuck Wagon and Festival Foods.
CLASS OF 1975
David L. Weis of Marshfield, WI passed away February 20, 2021. David worked at Weinbrenner Shoe Factory until his retirement.
CLASS OF 1977
Jackie Swanson (nee Saverda) of Spencer, WI passed away February 13, 2021. Over the years, Jackie worked at Graham Mfg. and Marshfield Door Systems.
CLASS OF 1982
Patrick Brayer of Marshfield, WI passed away May 25, 2021. Patrick worked in retail. He volunteered for the Knights of Columbus.