IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO MAKE A DONATION!
Our Drawing Winners!
On June 26, 2020 at 10:00am, we held our Galleon Drawing! Anyone who made a $25.00+ donation to our Fund-a-Need by June 23, 2020 at 5:30pm were entered. Please help us congratulate the winners!
- FREE Columbus Catholic School Lunch for one student for the 2020-2021 school year (valued at $560) – Jaclyn and Rodney Walker
- Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones, donated by E Wireless AT&T (valued at $299) – Jamieson and Keesha Adler
- Four gift certificates for a 16” pizza of your choice at Scotty’s Pizza (valued at $108, dine-in only) – James and Trudy Pomeroy
- $100 gift certificate to After Hours Bar & Grill, donated by Mueller Local – Patrick and Wendy Guensburg
- A 2019 Collector Series Green Bay Packer Football with transferred signatures of the entire team and coaching staff – William and Patricia Reigel
- Two 3 hour unlimited play passes to Action City in Eau Claire, WI (valued at $58) – Shirley and Gaylon Heise
- Cracked Escape Room (in Wausau, WI) gift certificate (valued at $30) – Tom and Angie Loucks
- $20 gift certificate to Fleet Farm – Amber and Eric Seitz
click to learn more:
- Our Galleon Donors
- Contact info for questions: email@example.com or 715-387-2444
- Click below to watch clips of our Galleon Online Live Premiere (to watch it in its entirety, please visit our Facebook or YouTube pages)
- Senior Slideshow: Photos of our graduating seniors, plus baby pictures, action shots from the 2019-2020 school year and the senior quotes, taken from the Senior Quote Mirror.
- Senior Presentation: Joe Konieczny presents the 2020 Graduating Seniors.
- Fund-a-Need Video: Lori Wieland presents the 2020 Fund-a-Need Video and talks about how donations will be used this year.
- Fund-a-Need Video: Without Lori's commentary
ABOUT OUR EVENT
Due to Coronavirus and the “Safer At Home” Order, we have made the difficult decision to switch our 2020 Galleon Auction from an in-person event to a virtual event. Our fundraising event will still be held June 19th, but now you can participate safely from the comfort of your own home.
The 2020 Galleon Virtual Event is now open to all. Because it’s virtual, there will be no charge. If you already paid for your tickets, we will reach out to you to discuss your refund. Friends, family and alumni who do not live close by are now welcome to participate (however, prizes DO need to be picked up from the school).
The Galleon Virtual Event will premiere on Friday, June 19, 2020 at 5:30pm and will kick off with speakers, the Senior Presentation and a silent auction to raise money for Fund-A-Need. The silent auction will continue until Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 5:30pm.
- There will only be a silent auction using SchoolAuction (mobile bidding) software - no live auction.
- We will only accept credit card payments for items won.
- We are only raising donations for our Fund-a-Need: new equipment for our Career & Technical Education (CTE) Department.
- Our Fund-a-Need goal is $50,000 (this includes a $25,000 matching donation!).
- Silent auction winners will need to pick up their prizes from the school. We will have two “pick up times” planned.
Immediately after our “Live Premiere,” we will be posting recordings to view later, and a link to make an online donation. Watch our website and Facebook for more updates! If you have any questions, please contact the Development Office at 715-387-2444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to make a donation
Mail Cash Or Check To: Columbus Catholic Schools, Attn: Galleon Auction, 710 S. Columbus Ave., Marshfield, WI 54449.
To Donate Online: https://columbuscatholicschools.schoolauction.net/galleon2020/homepages/show
ABOUT OUR FUND-A-NEED
Our Career and Technical Education (CTE) classrooms are dated, with most of our equipment originating from the 1960s! A number of advancements have taken place since then, varying from functionality, safety, and programming. Of these, safety is paramount. A large amount of equipment we own, we cannot permit students to use because of safety concerns and liability. Also, when students walk into our CTE classrooms, they are met with dark lighting and poor ventilation. These are not the industry standards in today's job market and do not reflect the career paths available to our students.
Some examples of equipment we are looking to purchase include: construction tools, welders, a CNC plasma cutter, industry-grade automotive equipment, ventilation, and a 3-D printer. With these additions, we’d also like to add new classes such as Welding, Construction, Drafting/Design and Manufacturing. Students will get hands-on experience with tools of the trade; interaction with individuals who work in the field; and the opportunity to apply for dual-credit classes at a local technical college.
Along with new equipment and classes comes the opportunity to expand community partnerships as well! This includes MACCI (Youth Apprenticeship Program), MSTC (dual-credit classes) and area businesses who are looking to fill high-demand positions (classroom demonstrations and networking).
These changes are important because there is a large deficit in terms of technical job opportunities and the number of job applicants to fill them. In Marshfield and our surrounding counties, MACCI has projected there to be a 26% job growth in the metal and machinery manufacturing industries. Columbus Catholic Schools hopes to add to the pool of applicants; and it’s our goal to increase our school’s graduation rate in these occupational pathways.
HOW DID WE COME TO THIS DECISION?
Since “Safer At Home,” there have been many discussions about what to do about Galleon. Do we switch the date again? How many times can we do that? Should we just cancel altogether? We know upgrades to our Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department are important. Also, we NEED to showcase our seniors even more so than before! So we feel canceling Galleon is not an option… but the safety of our participants is of utmost importance.
When Wisconsin schools where first ordered to shut down, we knew we couldn’t hold Galleon on April 24th anymore. Luckily, we were able to switch the date to June 19, 2020. But even at this point, we’re not sure if we’ll be “out of the woods” by then. That is why we decided to keep our event on June 19th, but to hold it online. We hope you will join us and help us raise money for this important cause… and give a collective “shout out” to our 2020 Seniors!
Mark Your Calendars for these future Galleon Dates!
- April 30, 2021 at Hotel Marshfield
- April 29, 2022 at Hotel Marshfield