After much consideration, the 2021 Galleon Committee and Columbus Catholic Schools Administration has decided to modify the 2021 Galleon into a Virtual Event. This year our theme will be “Faith Will Guide Us”; as we attempt to navigate our way out of this pandemic… we can fix our eyes on God and know everything will be okay!
AT A GLANCE
Date: April 30, 2021
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: Our YouTube Page on April 30 CLICK HERE
Who can attend: This virtual event is open to all!
Fund-a-Need: New lockers for the high/middle school
- March 31 – Deadline to return the “Donor Form”
- April 9 – Deadline to drop off silent auction items
- April 23 - Deadline to donate to Father's Fanny Pack
- April 26 at 12:00 Noon – Silent Auction begins
- April 28 – Raffle Drawing (not open to public)
- April 30 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm – “Live Premiere” on YouTube
- April 30 at 7:00pm - Pre-Recorded Raffle Drawing – Winners are announced
- April 30 at 7:30pm – Silent Auction Ends
- May 1 from 10am - 2pm – Prize pick up from the CCS Development Office (winners will receive an automatic email with instructions)
- May 2 from 10am - 2pm – Prize pick up from the CCS Development Office (winners will receive an automatic email with instructions)
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS YEAR
Pre-recorded messages (including a Senior Presentation by Coach K, information about our Fund-a-Need, and a special Fund-a-Need video by Dennis Keffer) will premiere “Live” at 6:00pm.
An online silent auction will take place from Monday April 26th until Friday April 30th. Watch for more information to come, including raffle ticket information and donation incentives. We will also pre-record the raffle drawing and include it in our “Live Premiere” on April 30th.
We are also able to bring back “Father’s Wallet” which we recently renamed to “Father’s Fanny Pack!” We are working with the Gift Card Office to make it possible to donate cash and/or gift cards to this popular prize. So when you pick up Gift Cards for yourself, be sure to buy an extra for “Father’s Fanny Pack!”
100% of the Galleon proceeds will go towards Fund-a-Need. This year our goal is to raise $90,000 - $100,000 for new lockers for the High / Middle School buildings. Our current lockers are quite old; some are even the originals from 1952! They frequently get jammed and many of them are rusty inside. The new lockers will be quieter; have fewer moving parts so they are less likely to break; will have locking mechanisms built in; and 5% of the lockers will be ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant.
The price of steel has been fluctuating so this year we will have a “goal range” instead of a firm dollar amount. Any remaining funds (should we have any) will be used for organizational systems for Our Lady of Peace Intermediate and St. John the Baptist Primary Schools.
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR SILENT AUCTION
We are looking for items for our silent auction. If you have a special talent or sell a product, please consider donating an item! Some examples include:
- Handmade items or crafts that you already make, like jewelry or pottery. Woodworking items are also very popular!
- Do you sell products on the side (makeup, bags, jewelry, etc.)? You can donate one or more items or make a basket.
- Do you have season tickets to the Bucks, Brewers or Packers (or others!)? Donate the tickets to a game you know you aren’t going to.
- Purchase an item and donate it - contact us for ideas.
- Get together with your closest friends to put together a gift basket! Select a theme.
- Ask all the parents in your student’s grade (ex: the entire fourth grade) to pitch in $5.00 and purchase something special, like a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
- Get creative! If you love reading books to kids, donate a month of recorded bedtime stories. If you are really good at tennis, offer to donate lessons.
- People love experiences. Offer to take someone on an activity (that is COVID-friendly) such as an afternoon fishing trip with your boat, bird-watching, a kayaking experience, or art activity.
- If you have an idea and you’re not sure if it makes a good silent auction item… we can pair it with other items to make a package, or use it as a prize for our drawing!
FATHER’S FANNY PACK
We are now ready to accept donations for “Father’s Fanny Pack” (formerly called Father’s Wallet). We are asking people to donate cash and/or gift cards that will be placed in the Fanny Pack and become a silent auction item. We won’t know what’s in there, or what the value of it is, until the winner opens it! [Fanny pack included!] [Father Barry NOT included.]
Donations for Father’s Fanny Pack can be dropped off at the Gift Card Office; hours are Monday & Tuesday, 8am-2pm; and Wednesday through Friday, 8am – 10am. The Gift Card Office is located in the Columbus High/Middle School Front Office.
So… when you pick up gift cards for yourself, be sure to buy an extra for “Father’s Fanny Pack!”
RAFFLE TICKETS ARE IN!
We have five items that we will be raffling off. Soon we will be sending home information about how to get yours – or how to sell tickets for us. (And there MAY be another special raffle item to come!)
Our raffle items include:
- A quarter of beef donated by JLB Family Acres - SOLD OUT
- Your choice between a rifle or shotgun and gift certificate (100 tickets only, $25 per ticket) donated by Friends of CCS and Bull’s Eye Sports Shop.
- A crossbow (100 tickets only, $10 per ticket) donated by Jeff & Tammi Timmler and Paget Equipment.
- Wireless ear buds (100 tickets only, $5 per ticket) donated by Friends of CCS.
- $500 Family Account Credit (300 tickets only, $10 per ticket) donated by CCS.
We are sorry but we cannot mail raffle tickets or sell them online (per the Wisconsin Department of Gaming).
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Donate an item/service to our Silent Auction! Donor Forms are due March 31, 2021. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR DONOR FORM
- Make a donation to our Fund-a-Need (when donation webpage is available).
- Donate cash and/or gift cards to Father’s Fanny Pack.
- Buy a raffle ticket!
- Volunteer: we are currently looking for committee members to develop prize ideas, solicit items and help steer the efforts of our event.
- WATCH our Live Premiere on April 30th!
Mark Your Calendars!
Mark your calendars for these future Galleon events!
- April 22, 2022 at Hotel Marshfield
- April 28, 2023 at Hotel Marshfield
- April 26, 2024 at Hotel Marshfield