At a Glance:
Date: Friday, October 11, 2019
Times: 8:00am - 1:30pm
Locations: St. John the Baptist School, Our Lady of Peace School and Columbus Catholic High/Middle Schools.
Lunch: Hamburger on a Whole Wheat Bun, Mashed Potato Smiles, Orange Smiles
On Friday, October 11, 2019 Columbus Catholic Schools will be celebrating Grandparents / Grandfriends Day! We include “Grandfriends” because we know many children may not have a grandparent available to attend. This event gives our students the opportunity to proudly show family and friends our great schools and all that they have accomplished!
Due to the enormous popularity of Grandparents / Grandfriends Day, we ask that guests are limited to Grandparents and Great Grandparents or up to two adult Grandfriends. Please note that at St. John’s Primary School and Our Lady of Peace Intermediate (OLP) School, the buildings do NOT have wheelchair access.
Activities and schedule are as follows:
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Mass at St. John the Baptist Church. All grandparents/friends are welcome to come! Only the St. John’s students in grades 5K through 2nd Grade will be at Mass.
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Grandparents visit classrooms at St. John’s School (Preschool - 2nd Grade)
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Grandparents visit classrooms at Our Lady of Peace School (3rd Grade – 5th Grade)
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Grandparents eat lunch at Our Lady of Peace School (Only if pre-registered)
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Refreshments and presentation at the Columbus Catholic High/Middle School Gym
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm: Tours of Columbus Catholic High/Middle School led by Student Ambassadors. Tours start at 1:00pm at the Columbus High/Middle School lobby
Parents/Guardians need to fill out an RSVP form and return it to their student’s homeroom teacher by September 30, 2019. Also indicate if the Grandparent / Grandfriend will be joining an OLP student for lunch and enclose $4.00 per person. Lunch is only for OLP students and their guests; guests MUST be pre-registered in advance.
You can also use the optional invitation that your students can fill out and deliver to their Grandparents / Grandfriends! The school will NOT be sending an invitation to grandparents / grandfriends. A letter, RSVP form and invitation was sent home with each student; and can also be downloaded here. We look forward to seeing all the wonderful Grandparents / Grandfriends in our schools on October 11th!