Instead of our annual Lip Sync Competition, we are now hosting a Lip Sync Music Video Challenge! Entry fees are $20 per team and video will be premiered LIVE on Friday, November 13th at 7:00pm on the Columbus Catholic Schools YouTube Channel. Registration forms, entry fees, and videos need to be submitted by October 26, 2020. See registration form for more details.
Columbus Lip Sync Battle Rules & Regulations
Music videos will be posted on the Columbus Catholic Schools’ YouTube Channel. All team members must agree to give Columbus Catholic Schools permission to show your video.
- Be safe! Proper Social Distancing protocols MUST be practiced. Be creative…some ideas include but are not limited to: film team members individually and paste together; have them enter video at different times; keep team sizes smaller.
- Completed forms must be submitted by October 26th at 3:00 p.m. along with entry fees.
- Team must fall under one of three categories: Family; Elementary (Pre-5th); and Middle School/High School
- Eligible team members include any current Columbus Catholic School students and family members. All team member names must be included on the registration form. Only individuals listed on the registration form can perform.
- Individuals can only compete in one act.
- The maximum time limit is four minutes per performance.
- Music videos must be approved by the Alpine Lip Sync Committee. Songs must be the clean version; no explicit versions will be accepted.
- The Alpine Lip Sync Committee reserves the right to remove acts if the committee feels the act is inappropriate or offensive to others.
- The competition will be judged in these categories:
- Lip Sync Abilities: How well the performer(s) lip-sync the lyrics of the song.
- Creativity: How original and creative the performance is. Use props, choreography, costumes, and/or change of background. Be creative!
- Costumes and Stage Presence: Again, don’t just stand there! Dress to engage the audience, dance, smile, make eye contact with the camera. You’re a STAR-have fun!
- Videos will not be judged on music video quality.