About Columbus Catholic Schools
Columbus Catholic Schools (CCS) is a private Catholic school system located in Marshfield that serves students from 3-year-old preschool through 12th grade. CCS provides a safe and caring learning environment and scholastic excellence anchored in the Catholic faith to the 600+ students they serve.
CCS consists of four schools including St. John the Baptist Primary School (Pre-K - 2nd Grade), Our Lady of Peace Intermediate School (grades 3-5), Columbus Catholic Middle School (grades 6-8), and Columbus Catholic High School (grades 9-12).
The CCS preschool program offers 3- and 4-year-old classes for half and full days. Their academically based, full-day 4 year-old kindergarten is the only program of its kind in Marshfield. High school prepares students for the future by offering honors and AP classes as well as Youth Apprenticeship and School-to-Work programs and dual credit classes with MSTC.
Columbus' small class sizes (average is 13 students) create an ideal environment for student achievement. Their students' standardized test scores are routinely above national, state and local averages. CCS welcomes all faiths and boasts a wide diversity of student faiths including Lutheran, Non-Denominational and Assembly of God. Additionally, no student is turned away due to inability to pay.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US!
Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation (WRISA) is a nonprofit organization formed in 1991 by the Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools to provide non-public schools with an ongoing school improvement process.
WRISA's three phase accreditation process provides school communities with the opportunity to explore every aspect of their school program, receive valuable feedback from a team of impartial professional educators, and develop a long range plan using the WRISA framework. Once accredited, schools file an annual report documenting that they are in compliance with the WRISA Standards and that they have made progress on their long range plan.
WRISA is a state chapter of the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Associations which is recognized by the College Board and the Office of Non-Public Education, an office within the U. S. Department of Education.
Click below to view our 2021-22 Annual Report
Columbus Catholic Schools are dedicated to excellence in Catholic education, founded in the love of Jesus Christ, and designed to instill in our students faith, knowledge, and a desire to serve others.
The Columbus Catholic Schools are committed to the education, development, and spiritual formation of our students. Within the context of the Gospels and the teachings of the Catholic Church, we believe we are called to:
- Faithfully teach Catholic doctrine and nurture in our students an abiding love of the Catholic faith through participation in religious instruction, prayer, devotions, and the Sacraments, particularly the celebration of the Liturgy, preparing each to take their place as the Church leaders of tomorrow.
- Carry out the educational ministry of the Catholic Church by providing a quality, affordable, Catholic education to all those children entrusted to our care, regardless of their race, creed, or socio-economic status.
- Fulfill the academic needs of each individual student through a curriculum, and through teaching methods, that encourage and enable each student to reach his or her maximum potential in all areas, placing an emphasis on nurturing a sense of responsibility to develop God-given gifts to their fullest.
- Prepare our students to meet the academic, spiritual, and moral challenges of the future by providing opportunities to develop Christian values and the skills of critical thinking that will be a basis for future decision-making, growth, and development.
- Provide an atmosphere of love and compassion for each individual student, offering them a sense of belonging and respect in order to foster their growth as caring, responsible, and confident Christians inspired to loving service of God and neighbor.
- Help each student learn to appreciate and respect the rights and differences of others so that at school, at home, and in the community, they might act as true Christians who nobly grace our society with peace.
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment with clear expectations for behavior and decorum, based on a Christian model of peace and respect, and compassionate to the developmental, social, and emotional needs of each student.
- Provide a variety of opportunities in athletics and other extra-curricular and co-curricular activities in order to allow our students to explore diverse areas of personal interest and fulfillment.
- Founding Year: 1952
- Mascot: Donny the Don
- School Colors: Blue and White
- School Motto: Though Many, We Are One.
- School Song: Columbus Away