Witness the Difference of a Catholic Education
Click below to watch our informational video:
Our Mission Statement
Columbus Catholic Schools are dedicated to excellence in Catholic education, founded in the love of Jesus Christ, and designed to instill in our students faith, knowledge, and a desire to serve others.
The Columbus Catholic Schools are committed to the education, development, and spiritual formation of our students. Within the context of the Gospels and the teachings of the Catholic Church, we believe we are called to:
- Faithfully teach Catholic doctrine and nurture in our students an abiding love of the Catholic faith through participation in religious instruction, prayer, devotions, and the Sacraments, particularly the celebration of the Liturgy, preparing each to take their place as the Church leaders of tomorrow.
- Carry out the educational ministry of the Catholic Church by providing a quality, affordable, Catholic education to all those children entrusted to our care, regardless of their race, creed, or socio-economic status.
- Fulfill the academic needs of each individual student through a curriculum, and through teaching methods, that encourage and enable each student to reach his or her maximum potential in all areas, placing an emphasis on nurturing a sense of responsibility to develop God-given gifts to their fullest.
- Prepare our students to meet the academic, spiritual, and moral challenges of the future by providing opportunities to develop Christian values and the skills of critical thinking that will be a basis for future decision-making, growth, and development.
- Provide an atmosphere of love and compassion for each individual student, offering them a sense of belonging and respect in order to foster their growth as caring, responsible, and confident Christians inspired to loving service of God and neighbor.
- Help each student learn to appreciate and respect the rights and differences of others so that at school, at home, and in the community, they might act as true Christians who nobly grace our society with peace.
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment with clear expectations for behavior and decorum, based on a Christian model of peace and respect, and compassionate to the developmental, social, and emotional needs of each student.
- Provide a variety of opportunities in athletics and other extra-curricular and co-curricular activities in order to allow our students to explore diverse areas of personal interest and fulfillment.
Our Annual Report
Click HERE to download our 2019-2020 Annual Report
Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation (WRISA) is a nonprofit organization formed in 1991 by the Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools to provide non-public schools with an ongoing school improvement process.
WRISA's three phase accreditation process provides school communities with the opportunity to explore every aspect of their school program, receive valuable feedback from a team of impartial professional educators, and develop a long range plan using the WRISA framework. Once accredited, schools file an annual report documenting that they are in compliance with the WRISA Standards and that they have made progress on their long range plan.
WRISA is a state chapter of the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Associations which is recognized by the College Board and the Office of Non-Public Education, an office within the U. S. Department of Education.
A Welcome Message from our President
Columbus Catholic Schools (CCS) serves students from 3-year-old preschool through high school graduation. Being a Catholic school, faith formation and education is part of each day. Students attend daily religion classes and weekly Mass. Students of all denominations are welcome at CCS, though, and all are treated with kindness and respect, without discrimination based on religion.
St. John the Baptist Primary School houses preschool through 2nd grade. Our preschool offers half-day and full-day options from two mornings per week to five full days per week. Preschool at St. John’s provides a positive, nurturing environment focused on play-based learning. A well-rounded curriculum uses fun activities to introduce new academic concepts while promoting social and emotional development to help student transition to early elementary grades. St. John’s also offers the only full-day 4K program in Marshfield. This full-time 4K program focuses on early literacy and math preparation, as well as an introduction to science. At St. John’s, the 4K students also participate in phy. ed., computer classes, music, and library. As with all of Columbus Catholic Schools, faith is also an important component in 4K and beyond.
Our Lady of Peace Intermediate School serves students in 3rd through 5th grade. As with all of the grades at CCS, class sizes are kept small, usually around 15, in order to provide plenty of one-on-one time between students and teachers. Our Lady of Peace students participate in special classes, just as the St. John’s students do, with the addition of band in 5th grade. Students at Our Lady of Peace can also participate in a number of extra-curricular activities including Youth Football and Cheer, basketball leagues, as well as volleyball, baseball, and softball camps. Our Lady of Peace students are very active with service projects, particularly those benefiting local charities.
Middle & High School
Columbus Catholic Middle School and Columbus Catholic High School share the Columbus building. Together they serve students in 6th through 12th grade, with teachers in music, art, phy. ed., Spanish, and career and technical education serving both schools. Both schools offer a challenging curriculum with honors and advanced classes, including Advanced Placement classes at the high school level. The high school is a one-to-one Chromebook school, with Chromebook labs, including multiple mobile labs also serving the middle school.
Columbus Catholic High School is known for its academic quality and its athletic success. Columbus offers varsity soccer, cross country, volleyball, football in a co-op with Spencer, boys’ and girls’ basketball, wrestling co-op with Spencer, boys’ and girls’ track, baseball, softball, and golf.
Columbus Catholic Schools serves students from around the Marshfield area with students coming from ten area school districts. CCS is committed to making its schools affordable to all families. CCS participates in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program and qualifying families can attend 4K through 12th grade tuition-free. For those families not qualifying for the Choice program, CCS offers its own tuition grant program committed to meeting every family’s needs.