AT A GLANCE
- Date: Friday, April 28, 2023
- Time: Evening begins at 4:30pm
- Location: Hotel Marshfield, 2700 S Central Ave. Marshfield
- Cost: $75.00 per person (includes appetizers and dinner)
- Description: This year we will be presenting “Galleon: An Enchanted Evening.” Last year we had an unbelievable record-breaking event bringing in a net profit of more than $140,000! Every dollar raised at this event will support the 600+ children we have the pleasure of serving each year, preparing strong students and developing future leaders of our community.
- Contact: If you have any questions or would like more information on how to donate please contact our office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 715-387-1177 ext. 3314.
Galleon annually raises additional funds for Columbus Catholic Schools. The funds are used to maintain our high educational standards through teaching materials, professional development and technology.
What to Expect this Year
An online silent auction will take place from Monday, April 24th until Sunday, April 30th. Anyone will be able to bid on the silent auction items. There will also be a raffle ticket pre-sale for items to win. Watch for information about the silent auction and raffle tickets.
We will also be bringing back “Father’s Fanny Pack!” This is a very popular Live Auction item that will be auctioned off at the Galleon event. Anyone who wishes may donate gift cards and/or cash to this exciting prize prior to the event or even at the event. Just let Stacy Casperson in Gifts Cards know what you would like to donate. Our school chaplain, Father Williams is excited to see how much he can stuff into his Blue Sequin fanny pack!
This year, our goal is to raise $60,000 for a new sound system for the High School Gymnasium. Did you know that two weeks before Alpine 2022 the sound system quit working? Did we have a backup? No! Could we cancel Alpine? Definitely not! Thankfully, with the knowledge of our IT and Maintenance staff we were able to find used equipment and piece the sound system back together. Our current sound system is 16 years old. For now, we have fixed the issue with a band-aid.
However, what happens if it goes out during a Regional Final Basketball game? Or while Mr. Z is trying to introduce his band students? Investing in a new sound system will not only impact our ears and minds but it will translate into a better physical performance of our athletes, band and choir musicians and students at CCS.
The $60,000 won't just go to replacing the system with an equivalent one but one that will better cover the variety of uses our gym sees. Right now, the system works best for when the stage is being used. The new system will incorporate more speakers to better cover the gym for basketball, volleyball, pep rallies along with stage performances.
The new system is also digital which is an upgrade from our current analog system. With a digital system we can interact with it via a touch screen to control the many different settings. The main use would be to put the system into "basketball" mode or "Stage" mode. Along with the touch screen we will also be able to manage and control the system from a computer which gives us the flexibility to make changes while the system is in use like for a play. A digital system is also easier to expand on since it runs over common cabling and protocols.
With the new system we are also adding some convenience features. Such as connections by the announcers table and streaming both so both can tap into the audio system. Bluetooth will also be incorporated to the system to make it easier for people to send music/audio to the system.
We want to create the most optimal sound to fill our gym space and in order to do that we must invest in a new sound system. Can we count on you to help us to reach our goal to improve our sound system?
What Can You Do?
We rely heavily on donations from our sponsors and families to make Galleon a huge success. There are many ways that you can help:
- Donate cash and/or gift cards to Father’s Fanny Pack.
- Donate to our Fund-A-Need. Click below to donate with your credit card (be sure to select “Galleon Fund-a-Need 2023” under "Gift Designation)
- Donate a bottle of wine or liquor for our Cork Pull game.
- Donate an item or service to our silent auction. Do you have a special talent? Are you crafty? Do you like to cook? We are looking for a WIDE variety of items to include!
- Donate an item or service to our live auction. Some of our popular auction items from previous years include an experience such as Mexican, Italian, or Backyard BBQ dinners. Group activities have included the Amazing Race, Wine & Cheese Tastings and a Packer Tailgate Party.
- Volunteer to help at Galleon. This could include helping with set up, take down, working at the event monitoring games or helping with the registration table.
- Do you have an idea or a suggestion for a unique auction offering? We’d love to hear it!