All CCS system-wide cancellations include preschool and after care programs.
In the event of a specific school closing due to a disruption in utility service, the specific building(s) will be announced as closed.
Here are all of the places we post school cancellation notices:
- Text Alerts - see below for instructions
- CCS Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/columbuscatholic
- CCS Website - www.columbuscatholicschools.org
- Email - the president (Mr. Eaton) will send one right after posting to the radio and TV websites.
- WSAW, Channel 7 - will be listed as Marshfield Catholic Schools
- WAOW, Channel 9 - will list closings as Marshfield Public and Parochial
IMPORTANT: If you see that Marshfield Public Schools are closed that means we are also closed.
If at all possible we will try to make any cancellation announcements the night before we're closed. Due to the uncertainty of some storm tracks, this isn't always possible. The latest a cancellation will be announced is typically 6:15 a.m. as the Marshfield buses start their routes at 6:20.
To receive our text alerts please text the keyword “START” to 31-706 from your mobile device. Any text alerts from our school will begin with “CCS Alert” and calls will show from 715-387-1177.
Per the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, we provide all recipients with the option to Opt Out of receiving school alerts. Anytime we send a text alert, you will see ‘Stop to End’. If you reply ’Stop’ you will no longer receive our text alerts regardless if we select you as a recipient.
While we’ll continue to limit text alerts to cancellations, you may start seeing texts about cancellations for games, practices, or other events as well as full school cancellations.