Code of Conduct for CCS Middle and High School Students
A behavior code is provided because the students, the parents, and the staff expect and demand a safe and secure campus. The purpose of the code is to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment in which all students are able to achieve their highest potential and develop the personal skills that will allow each person to become a leader and to be successful in life.
- I will respect myself, my peers, my teachers and any other adults.
- I will come to school prepared with the required materials and my homework done.
- I will arrive on time for my classes and will follow the tardy procedures if I am late.
- I will respect all school property.
- I will respect the people and the practices of those with a different faith tradition.
- I will respect the people and the practices of those from a different culture.
- I will not fight or use force/intimidation with anyone in the school community.
- I will not use profane or vulgar language or gestures.
- I will not use racial, ethnic, religious, gender or sexual orientation slurs.
- I will not bring, distribute or use any drug or drug paraphernalia at school.
- I will not bring any weapon or “look-alike” weapon to school.
- I will dress appropriately according to the Columbus Catholic dress code.
- I will follow all other rules and regulations as delineated by the CCS Handbook.